4/25/11

Wait it Out.

I am having an identity crisis. At nineteen, this is a little bit of a scary realization. However, I'm sure I can get through it. It's just going to take a lot of time and a lot of patience...

I guess it started last year but it didn't really hit me until now. I've been hiding who I am for a long time. A very long time. YEARS! 17 and a half years, to be exact.

Then, I began thinking: "Wait a second...this so isn't me! What's happening? I've never acted like this before!" That's when I started to seriously panic. I panicked so much that a lot of people didn't know what I was going through. Even I didn't know exactly what was going on with me! Basically, people started making silly assumptions, if not unfair assumptions.

Looking back now, I have changed a lot in the last year. I've done many things that I now sort of regret--that I won't be naming--but I've learned from those experiences. However, I'm still feeling in a crisis. I've been thinking this a ton since Sunday and I'm not sure what brought these feelings on.

Oh well. I suppose I'll do what my title says: wait it out. A very awesome Imogen Heap song, by the way. :D

Stay classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment